The Intermediate Coach
Intermediate Coach assessment tasks
Assessment takes place during the on the job experience, online training and face to face course:
- Intermediate Workbook – successful completion signed by Supervisor
- Intermediate Online Course – 100% in multiple choice type questions
- Face to Face Intermediate Course – successfully completing assessment tasks at face to face course
A coach in training for an Advanced Coach accreditation will need a mentor to support training in the workplace. The mentor should:
- hold an Advanced Coach Accreditation or above and where possible this should be in the same Gymsport as the Intermediate Coach
- provide supervision and guidance for the trainee Advanced Coach, but does not need to provide direct supervision on a daily basis
- assist with and undertake workplace assessment tasks with the trainee Advanced Coach
- ensure the trainee Advanced Coach works within their level of competence
- exercise a duty of care to the coach and participants.
A mentor handbook is provided for your information.